A free sewing pattern from The Sewing Party
Using heavy waxed canvas for the exterior of this bottle tote, and his Pfaff® quilt ambition™ 2.0, Taylor Hackbarth created this sturdy and attractive bag to hold two medium size wine bottles. Of course you can carry whatever you like to drink inside this tote. Water, soda, baby bottles, spritzers, etc. Taylor recommends a heavy fabric such as canvas, denim, or heavy bottom-weight fabrics for home decor. The lining is sewn with thick cotton table felt, also called “silence cloth” or “bump drapery interlining”. Taylor suggests using a soft fabric that will provide padding for glass bottles like table felt, or blanket fleece.
- Exterior fabric: 1 piece, 12.5” wide x 32” long
- Lining fabric: 1 piece, 12.5” wide x 26” long*
- Webbing: 2 pieces, 24” long
- Heavy duty snaps: 1 or 2, 1/2” – 5/8” wide
More bottle bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New