Sewing up a couple of household storage bins is a great way to use fabric remnants. Coordinate the fabrics, or mix it up depending on where you will be using your fabric baskets. These useful storage buckets are great for storing fabric scraps, supplies, notions, or whatever else you can think of. I keep my storage bins in my bathroom closets and cabinets full of toiletries, small linens, etc. I also keep one at the top and/or bottom of the stairs to keep the common areas tidy. I sewed my bins using a big scrap piece of Sunbrella canvas. The canvas bins were so quick easy to construct, interfacing free, and stiff, as well as water resistant for the bathroom. I did not line my bins. These versatile storage bins make lovely housewarming gifts too.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New