A PDF Sewing Pattern from Charlie's Aunt Designs
Sue's Picks: 💖
Seat Belt Series: The Lux Cosmetic Bag Duo – Sew and Sell!
The Hobo-Inspired Side Note Satchel
The Quilters Ultimate Carry-All Bag
Sponsored Links: 🔗
Arrow Sewing Cabinets
Does Your Iron Levitate?
Purse Charms and Purse Hardware
The Poacher’s Bag is inspired by British country life in the 1940’s with a gathered front pocket set into a pieced front. It features an unusual shaped flap and a template for an interior pocket that doubles as an alternative flap option. This style can be made with a coordinated fabric strap, or a purchased leather strap attached with tabs. Poacher’s Bag sews up well in everything from cotton moleskin and tweed to contrasting patchwork fabrics for a different look. Finish the retro homespun feel with mismatching vintage buttons. Poacher’s Bag finished dimensions: height 12½” (32 cm) width 15½” (40 cm).
- ¾ yard (50 cm) of 54” (140 cm) wide or 1 yard of 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard (60 cm) of 44” (92 cm) wide lining fabric
- ½ yard of 36” (92 cm) wide sew-in craft interfacing
- ½ yard of 36” (92cm) wide fusible interfacing
- 1 magnetic snap set
- 2 or 3 buttons approx. 1¼” (35 mm) diameter to trim flap
- If using a purchased strap, you will need:
- Leather or vinyl strap approx. 24” (60 cm) long with metal ring ends
- Piece of fusible web approx. 4” x 6” (10 x 15 cm)
You will also need to gather up:
- Sewing machine
- Fabric marker pen, pencil or chalk
- Thread to match fabric
More vintage inspired sewing at PP:
We hope these projects inspire you to sew, knit, or crochet, something fabulous today!
- Cozy Nest Design's February Seat Belt Webbing Kit - 30% off!
- SusieDDesigns 15% OFF with code "pattern15"
- StudioKat Designs - Hard Copy Bag Patterns
- Sew Whats New - Sewing and Quilting for Beginners and Beyond
- Gaila Designs - Tablet Case Patterns
- Strap Works Free Shipping on Orders $80+