A practical and pretty backpack purse with pockets for your phone, shopping lists, wallet, car keys, etc. This bag by Pink Pony Designs, holds it shape very well despite the half-circle sides which give us those beautiful folds at the sides. An ideal bag size to replace your everyday handbag, it’s comfortable to carry with it’s padded, adjustable straps. You can easily hang it up at the end of the day from the big D-ring. You close your Batala Backpack with a drawstring, and the magnetic snap locks the flap into place. On the backside you have a secure zippered pocket. The Batala Backpack interior has a zippered pocket and slip pocket for your phone. This backpack purse measures 12″ high and 7″ wide at the top once completed.
- 1/2 yard exterior cotton fabric
- 25 x 25″ exterior faux leather, suede, or other stable yet draping textile
- 1 yard cotton fabric for lining (all of the interior)
- 1 fat quarter (18″ x 22″) cotton decorative fabric
- 1 fat quarter (18″ x 22″) cotton piping fabric (or 2 yards ready-made piping)
- 1/2 yard medium weight fusible interfacing with loft for straps, such as Pellon Fusible Thermolam
- 1/2 yard of light-weight fusible interfacing such as Vilene G700 woven fusible or Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex.
- 15 x 24″ heavy-weight, stable fusible interfacing such as Fast-2-Fuse Heavy or Pellon Peltex
- (1) 2” D-ring
- (2) 1” rectangular rings
- (2) 1” rectangle sliders for adjusting strap length.
- 1 yard of drawstring to close the backpack
- 2 yards of cording for your piping (if you’re making your own)
- (2) 7” zippers for pockets
- (20) 3/8” eyelets
- (1) double plastic cord lock for drawstring
- (2) plastic cord ends if you wish.
- fabric glue (like Gutermann Textile Glue HT2)
- Wonder Clips or similar
- rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New