This is the PDF pattern from JustJudeDesigns to sew a sweet drawstring backpack bag. This pattern is a fantastic scrap-buster. If you prefer to sew simple, uniform bags, without any piecing-patchwork, you can follow along to construct it that way. This roomy drawstring bag could be used for art supplies, swim day, gym kit or even fun days out. The simple sewing together of squares make it ‘scrappy & beginner friendly’ too. Choosing interesting and fun fabrics for your backpacks could mean hours of ‘eye-spy’ fun on long car trips!
How to Sew a Shoulder Pad for Your Bag Strap – Free Sewing Tutorial:
If you tend to carry a heavier backpack every day, consider sewing padded straps as they are more comfortable over the shoulders than un-padded straps. Or sew an easy shoulder pad for your bag straps. Padded straps also do not typically dig into your shoulders as the padding spreads the burden of weight over a wider surface area. Padded straps prevent the pinching of nerves in and around the shoulder and neck area. A sewing tutorial by charmed Liebling is right here to demonstrate how you too can sew shoulder pads too.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New