by Katarina Roccella
This is the PDF pattern for a sweet drawstring backpack bag. This pattern is a scrap-buster and is based on fat quarters. If you prefer to sew simple, uniform bags, without any piecing-patchwork, you can follow along to construct it that way. Patchwork piecing diagrams for simple squares-piecing and also for the log cabin block. Patchwork piecing is based on 2.5″ squares and strips, so you can use those methods to create pillows, table runners, quilts and more. Includes fabric requirements and instructions for two sizes:
SMALL: 10” x 12” ( 25 x 31 cm)
LARGE: 12.5” x 16.5” (32 x 42 cm)
How to Sew a Shoulder Pad for Your Bag Strap – Free Sewing Tutorial:
If you tend to carry a heavier backpack every day, consider sewing padded straps as they are more comfortable over the shoulders than un-padded straps. Or sew an easy shoulder pad for your bag straps. Padded straps also do not typically dig into your shoulders as the padding spreads the burden of weight over a wider surface area. Padded straps prevent the pinching of nerves in and around the shoulder and neck area. A sewing tutorial by charmed Liebling is right here to demonstrate how you too can sew shoulder pads too.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New