Visual guides using photos within a collage demonstrate how recycled jeans are awesome for these nautical style totes. The fresh blue and white stripes get me every time. I was not able to source this sewing project any further than this Chinese Micro-Blog here called RZ Designs by Robin. (I would not attempt to use this free sewing tutorial unless I had some bag-making experience under my belt as it would end up in the corner in a heap.) I notice that the handles are corded rouleaux style, which is not difficult to do! Corded bag straps are nice and sturdy. The seam around the bottom of the bag is piped and it looks gorgeous too. I really like the oval flat bottom.
Six More Nautical Style Bags to Sew:
- Nautical Octopus Beach Tote
- Sew a Polo Shirt Purse
- Tie it With a Bow Kindle Case
- Pleated Chevron Shell Clutch Bag
- Zippered Fish Lips Pencil Case
- Sew a Striped Leather Bag
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New