This bright and friendly nautical sailboat quilt was designed and quilted for a nephew. Though originally the quilt was to have a plain red and blue stripe, the zig-zag is just too much fun to pass up, and very popular right now. This PDF quilt pattern comes with instructions for three sizes: a wall quilt measures 24″ x 28″, a crib quilt measuring 36″ x 42″, and a lap quilt measuring 48″ x 56″. Multiple sizes make this quilt pattern perfect for a baby shower gift, or for big brother. Simply add borders to create a nautical twin size quilt for the big brother’s bed.
*Skill Level: Beginner
This PDF quilt pattern uses charts telling you how many fabric strips to cut for each color. Another set of charts gives the length of the pieces. The shaping is done using quick corner triangles or the “snowball method”. Once the pieces are cut you just follow a full page color picture “map” showing how the puzzle goes together using your alphabetically labeled pieces. If you can sew a true 1/4-inch seam you can put this quilt top together.
Crib: 42-1/2″ x 52-1/2″
Twin: 62-1/2″ x 84-1/2″
Double: 88-1/2″ x 100-1/2″
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New