A free tutorial demonstrating how to sew and applique this nautical octopus beach tote. The fabrics used here come from the Blend fabric line. The blues create a relaxing yet playful style. I love this bag. I love anything nautical anyway, but this bag was screaming my name. A sturdy canvas makes up the body of the bag while it’s embellished using jelly rolls and .5 of a yard for the appliqued octopus. If I saw this bag for sale on Etsy I would buy it. *Watch the video further down the page to see how ridiculously easy it can be to cut fabric designs and create bags like the Nautical Octopus Beach Tote.
- 1/8 yards five assorted fabric prints (can use jelly roll cuts 2.5″)
- 1/2 yard for octopus applique
- 1 yard canvas or duck cloth 60″ wide
- Heat’n Bond® Lite Fusible Applique
- Heat’n Bond® Fusible Fleece
- Spray’n Bond® Fusible Adhesive Spray
“Who doesn’t want a versatile tote bag? Perfect for shopping, vacations, the beach and more, you’ll love all that ScanNCut has to offer to help take all your handbag designs to the next level. This innovative machine not only cuts fabric with ease but it is also pre-loaded with 140 built-in designs, including 100 quilt patterns plus five fonts to help transform a simple canvas to a beautifully transformed tote bag!”
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New