A free quilt block tutorial by the Hopeful Homemaker shows us how to put together this nautical quilt block to create a boat-themed quilt. From cutting the fabric to piecing. These blocks measure 14.5 inches square unfinished. There is no sashing between blocks. The quilt top shown above is four blocks wide by five blocks long for a total of 20 blocks and measures 56″ x 70″. I love the design of the quilt back as much as I love the front. A hint: pin carefully and pay attention to matching your seams well where the anchor fabric needs to line up. These are the seams that matter most, as the seams in the background fabric are different in each section.
Quilter Jeni Baker creates a half square quilt on It’s Sew Easy!
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New