with Betz White
This structured bag is a crash course in bag construction and finishing. Betz White (who also designed the beautiful Smile and Wave Tote) walks through every step of the process – from stabilizing each piece of the bag through adding hardware. Along the way you’ll learn how to create pockets, pleats, zipper panels and straps. Ultimately, you’ll create a bag with structure that you can use to carry your goodies easily, and you can apply these sewing fundamentals to many other projects. An intermediate sewing project.
Betz White’s bag has a nice tall format with plenty of room for tablets, binders, a camera, a great bag for school. A front pleated pocket with a twist lock closure, a zippered main compartment, and a very functional and removable strap. Clip the strap to the top for a cross-body bag, or convert it to a backpack by attaching the same strap in a different configuration.
Tuck Catch Tutorial:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5