Recycling/upcycling a man’s extra large button-down shirt to create a very practical messenger-style bag to carry anywhere. Alternatively you could use a ladies blouse which would also provide you with more opportunities to create a unique bag using any feminine trim, texture, or fabric prints.
How to Upcycle Clothing: Shirt Deconstruction 101
“How to upcycle shirts for use in your quilting and soft craft projects. Find more fabric projects on our website La Todera that you can use with the upcycled fabric from this video! The Asian Fan Purse and Camelia Gigantis Brooch patterns on our site were made using shirts just like those in this video! Note: The quilt on the opening page (and several in later scenes) were made in the great Kaffe Fassett/ Liza Lucy workshops!” – La Todera
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New