Learn professional leather-work techniques to create a sophisticated and stylish leather tote.
Sponsored:🎁 FREE Strippy Catch-All Basket Pattern Download
🎄 GO! Diamond Holiday Tree - Free Pattern
🎅 Up to 75% OFF craft supplies & project kits. 900+ online classes on sale for $19.99 or less per class!
This is a sponsored post.
Finally, we’re going to be able to learn how to sew with leather. I am so excited! Craftsy is offering a class taught by Don Morin. Clothing designer, patternmaker, and educator, Don Morin is the design talent behind the blog, Bag’n-telle. A 30-year veteran of the Canadian fashion scene, Don has designed everything from swimwear to fur coats for many private-label Canadian manufacturers and now trains new generations of design hopefuls for the garment industry.
Learn professional leather-work techniques to create a sophisticated and stylish leather tote using Don’s Craftsy-exclusive pattern. Discover tips for selecting quality leather and to efficiently lay out your pattern to get the most and best from your leather hide. Customize the interior of your bag to suit your unique needs, and create pocketed side panels without extra bulk. Add that extra polish with contrasting leather, mitered gusset corners, rouleaux handles and an expertly installed zipper.
Create a beautiful leather bag in this class!
- Construction methods and design process using a spec sheet
- To shop for, mark and cut leather hides
- To skive, stabilize and sew leather pieces
- To add contrasting trim and make rouleaux handles
- To design and create a bag lining with custom features
- To attach a zipper and lining to leather facing
- To reinforce your bag base and fashion mitered corners
- A boutique-level tote handbag!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you make a purchase using any of these links. PP Disclosure