by Cindy Taylor Oates; Photography by Greg Scheidemann
Sew up a strawberry-sweet bag that’s the perfect size for carefree weekend days. When choosing fabrics for the miniature patchwork pieces that make up designer Cindy Taylor Oates’ bag, select mostly small-scale prints. For more style, consider using a specialty fabric, such as silk douppioni, for the solid band or for the entire bag. If you want a more secure bag, think about adding a closure, such as ribbon ties, a button and loop, or magnetic snaps.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New