from Little Sparrow Nest
A Japanese Tea Ceremony Pouch DIY + free sewing pattern from Little Sparrow Nest. A quick & fun DIY for a Kaishi-ire. Kaishi-ire are used as part of the traditional Japanese tea-ceremony. We can use this simple fold-over clutch bag for just about anything! The lovely Georgia Sakura Howell who designed the clutch says she “loves to incorporate unique traditional textile pieces into her daily life to add unique elements to her personal style”. Think of the ways you can embellish the curved seam along the bottom of the flap to make it your own. Piping, ricrac, crochet lace, machine embroidery, hand embroidery, fabric paint, etc. This is an excellent beginner sewing project. This Kaishi-ire has a simple and versatile design and is a bag to take anywhere.
More tea-time sewing projects:
- Folding Tea Sleeves
- Tea Pot Paper Pieced Quilt Block
- Strawberries and Tea Tote Bag
- Tea Caddy
- Tea Towel Tote
- The High Tea Clutch Bag
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New