This gorgeous handbag by Vickie of Vicki’s Fabric Creations, is inspired by the many bag patterns that are available using the original Japanese origami style design. Vickie embroidered the designs in variegated thread on a heavy black cotton fabric using iron-on interfacing as stabilizer to keep everything in place after they were finished. She explains that this gives the bag a bit more body. Read more about how this bag was constructed and learn how to make one too!
Machine Embroidery Tips:
Which Type of Stabilizer Do I Use for my Embroidery?
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Sewing Machine Repair – Common problems with stitches, threading, tension and bobbins! featured at Sew What's New
- UPDATED: The Ana Flat-Bottom Drawstring Cosmetic Bag from Merge Bags