See how you can sew this lovely insulated grocery tote bag with Jen Eskridge‘s free step-by-step sewing tutorial. This insulated basic tote bag measures 19″ x 16″ x 7″ finished. I thought that using the reflective car shade as the insulating liner was quite clever. Oilcloth or laminated cotton would also be ideal exterior fabric to make these grocery bags.
Suggested Sewing Supplies:
- 1 yard decorator weight fabric, 54″ wide (the fabric used in Jen’s photo sample is from Ikea)
- 1 reflective car shade
- 1-1/2 yard of cording @ 1″ wide
- 2 pieces grosgrain ribbon 3/8″ wide x 10″ long
- 22″ long plastic, non-separating zipper
- 2 large safety pins
- your turning tool
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New