See how you can sew this lovely insulated grocery tote bag with Jen Eskridge‘s free step-by-step sewing tutorial. This insulated basic tote bag measures 19″ x 16″ x 7″ finished. I thought that using the reflective car shade as the insulating liner was quite clever. Oilcloth or laminated cotton would are also ideal exterior fabrics to sew these grocery bags.
Suggested Sewing Supplies:
- 1 yard decorator weight fabric, 54″ wide (the fabric used in Jen’s photo sample is from Ikea)
- 1 reflective car shade
- 1-1/2 yard of cording @ 1″ wide
- 2 pieces grosgrain ribbon 3/8″ wide x 10″ long
- 22″ long plastic, non-separating zipper
- 2 large safety pins
- your turning tool
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5