with Niler Taylor
Sewing with leather is not difficult. As long as your sewing machine‘s motor can handle the thickness and your presser foot does not drag along the leather. Using a Teflon foot can prevent that from happening, or, apply a strip of office tape to the bottom of your presser foot to encourage the leather to slide along the throat plate and move under the sewing machine needle easily. See how Niler Taylor makes a nice leather wallet using scraps.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New