The Hexie Holiday Placemat is a practical seasonal project from aspoonfullofsugar – perfect for your Christmas table! The modern hexagon shape is right on trend. Use Scandinavian inspired prints for a modern look or use traditional Christmas fabrics – the choice is yours! The placemats can be easily made to coordinate with your Christmas table and are easily constructed in an afternoon. Using a foundation paper piecing method, you will quickly and accurately make the inner hexagonal tree block. Simple patchwork borders are the finishing touch. This is a quick project that can be used as a placemat, mug rug, trivet or pot holder. It would be a perfect place to leave some cookies and refreshments for Santa!
More holiday sewing:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New