A pattern by Josee Carrier of the Charming Needle to sew a raindrop-shape bag to hang outside on sunny days when you use your clothesline. A simple loop is at the top to insert a carabiner for easy hanging. This pattern is rated beginner by the publisher, however, you will notice that the outside edge of this bag is finished with binding. Attaching binding to any project is not easy for most beginner sewers. A confident beginner who is fairly comfortable with the sewing machine, has had some experience sewing curves, and some experience with making and sewing binding. If you want to try binding around curves as a beginner, go for it! Practice makes perfect right? This clothespin bag measures 11″ × 16 ½” once finished. You can sew this bag with cotton, laminated cotton, canvas, vinyl, or oilcloth.
- front: ½ yard or one fat quarter (shown: green with leaves and flowers)
- middle/back: ½ yard, 44″ (shown: white with strawberries)
- back lining: ½ yard or one fat quarter (shown: honeycomb and bees in yellow and orange)
- binding: 1/4 yard complimentary solid fabric (shown: orange), or, double-fold bias tape, 1/4″
- thread, (UV protective thread is available in your home decor sewing departments)
More household laundry bag projects like this featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New