A free pdf from Couture Academic.
The free Sweetheart Bag PDF sewing pattern by The Couture Academic will give you everything you need to sew one of these easy upcycled bags. This bag was constructed completely from recycled materials. The main body of the bag is sewn using a heavy weight wool from a thrifted grey wool skirt. The lining was once a pair of curtains and the applique on the front was from a t-shirt that no longer fit. I hope this little purse will show you that ‘upcycled‘ can be very fashionable and affordable. I hope you have fun sewing it together with even more fun finding a fun skirt to transform!
- 0,5 m heavy wool fabric (or one thrifted wool skirt!)
- 0.5 m quilting cotton for lining
- 30 cm x 15 cm piece medium weight interfacing
- 25 cm x 4 cm piece heavy weight interfacing
- 1 magnetic snap
- 1 button or applique for front
- sewing needle and thread
- printer for sewing pattern
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New