A free pdf from Couture Academic.
The free Sweetheart Bag PDF sewing pattern by The Couture Academic will give you everything you need to sew one of these easy upcycled bags. This bag was constructed completely from recycled materials. The main body of the bag is sewn using a heavy weight wool from a thrifted grey wool skirt. The lining was once a pair of curtains and the applique on the front was from a t-shirt that no longer fit. I hope this little purse will show you that ‘upcycled‘ can be very fashionable and affordable. I hope you have fun sewing it together with even more fun finding a fun skirt to transform!
- 0,5 m heavy wool fabric (or one thrifted wool skirt!)
- 0.5 m quilting cotton for lining
- 30 cm x 15 cm piece medium weight interfacing
- 25 cm x 4 cm piece heavy weight interfacing
- 1 magnetic snap
- 1 button or applique for front
- sewing needle and thread
- printer for sewing pattern
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5