This large-capacity quilted tote bag designed by Jinny Beyer offers a striking modern style and is fully lined with two inside pockets. The PDF pattern includes instructions for adding an optional top zipper closure and a swivel hook. The sharp points within the tote bag design are easily achieved using foundation piecing techniques and gorgeous fabrics from the Quilter’s Palette Collection. Jinny Beyer suggests enlarging the pattern foundation pages 200%. A complete kit to make this bag is also available for purchase directly from Jinny Beyer here.
FREE QUILTING TUTORIAL: Foundation Paper Piecing with Amanda Rolfe:
From Amanda: “Here is my down-to-earth tutorial demonstrating the basics of foundation paper piecing:”
This is the method I was taught and find the easiest to use. However, there are plenty of other ways Foundation Paper Piecing can be done! These preference will (and do!) vary from quilter to quilter!
- Paper Pattern: You’re more than welcome to use the pattern I drew up for this tutorial! http://goo.gl/i0Ug4w
- Cutting Mat and Ruler: Ensure your ruler has a marked 1/4″ line in from the edge.
- 28mm Rotary Blade or similar
- Clover Tracing Wheel (with serrated edges) or similar
- Clover Seam (or Finger) Presser
- Paper Glue
- Quilter’s pins
- Thread scissors
- Threaded Sewing Machine
- Favourite fabrics
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New