Here is a free sewing tutorial by Fabric Mutt showing us how she sewed up her Ellie travel bag. She initially created this bag for herself, but her blog readers wanted to sew an Ellie bag too. Heidi was sweet enough to write up this free sewing tutorial so we can all have a custom sewn Ellie travel bag! I really like the rouleaux handles on this bag. If I were to make a couple of these bags with this tutorial I would use upholstery fabric for the main body pieces, and vinyl for the bottom of the bag. There is also a designer PDF pattern for a similar bag called The (Mini) Boxy Bag – PDF Pattern, which is much smaller.
Machine Minute: Zippers Made Easy
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New