A free sewing pattern download for a simple messenger bag from Make It Perfect. This mini messenger bag is ideal for kids to hauling their own belongings wherever they go all year ’round. This sewing project is suitable for a confident beginner sewer who is comfortable with a sewing machine. Easy open and close with a flap. We love how they coordinated the fabric prints in the sample bags with a large print accentuating the flap and a blender print for the bag body. No hardware!
- 1/2 yard fabric for flap and lining
- 1/2 yard fabric for exterior and binding
- 1 yard medium-weight interfacing
- 30″ webbing 3″ wide for the strap
- thread (try upholstery thread for sturdy kids bags?)
More awesome bags to make for kids: