Using some cute Japanese polka-dot fabric, Kristie from Obsessive Crafting Disorder created this sweet flat-bottomed drawstring bag to give as a gift and took some great photos as she sewed, to share with us in this free sewing tutorial. This exterior of this drawstring bag is sewn with linen and cotton, and is lined with cotton. Of course you can use any light to medium-weight fabric to make this bag. It is round bottomed which allows the bag to sit upright with the drawstring closure acting as a handle. Kristie’s bag sewed together quickly, and was the perfect size.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New