A fun sewing project to create a classic drawstring patchwork backpack that will still look fab for years to come. The sample bag in the photo above was sewn with a delicious BERNINA 550 Quilters Edition machine and showcases Art Gallery Fabrics‘ Denim Studio Fabrics. This free tutorial by also demonstrates how to use decorative stitches, (we love the “arrow” stitch used here), as well as how to use the automatic buttonhole foot with a slide. See more about the Bernina 550 sewing machine here. Lots to learn within this tutorial if you are a confident beginner!
- five – fat eighths of fabric
- one – half yard of fabric
- one – fat quarter of fabric
- safety pins
- macrame cord or para-cord
- water soluble pencil
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New