Perfect your tapestry crochet to create this sweet dinosaur backpack for back to school. Create your dinosaur head that acts as a flap closure and completes the look of the bag sitting proudly at the top. This is a one-size backpack designed for children ages three to six. This intermediate backpack bag designed by Maria Isabel of chabepatterns includes crochet basic stitches, a mid-level tapestry crochet pattern, easy shaping and finishing techniques. The finished backpack size is 10.2” x 9.3” or 26 cm x 23.5 cm which is just right for little students. Makers will need to know the slip stitch, the single crochet (UK double crochet) and the tapestry crochet stitch.
Suggested Crochet Supplies:
- 3.5 mm crochet hook
- two 100 gr/ 3.52 oz (200 m/ 218 yd) skeins of fine 100% cotton yarn in turquoise (or whatever color you choose)
- two 100 gr/ 3.52 oz (200 m/ 218 yd) skeins of fine 100% cotton yarn in orange (or whatever color you choose)
- 25.2”/ 64 cm of 4 mm cording or similar
- one toggle stopper for the bag opening
- two small wide black buttons for eyes
- stuffing polyfil for the head
- stitch markers for two colors
Tapestry crochet, getting started with chabepatterns:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Holiday Projects
- The Elsie K. Baglet Pattern from StudioKat Designs ✁
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5 🐯