The Ruckus PDF Pattern from PinHead Patterns lets you sew a convertible diaper bag to fit just about all of your baby gear, food, bottles, diapers and anything else he or she might need. This diaper bag adjusts for just about any carry style. Convert the Ruckus from a purse to a messenger-style bag, or even a hands-free backpack, with just one adjustable strap. The one adjustable strap is long enough to accommodate all three carry styles. To keep everything inside there is an optional top zippered closure, and a magnetic flap closure, so you can make sure everything stays secure. This bag is full of pockets; the front flap has two zippered pockets, perfect for keys, phone, and a wallet. These pockets allow you to store necessaries at the front, no rummaging at the bottom of your bag searching. Elastic side pockets are sewn to the outside, perfect for bottles! This bag can store up to a quart-size jar in each side pocket, but the pockets are snug enough to keep bottles in place. The is a large zippered pocket on the outside at the back, and several more slip pockets on the exterior front. This bag also offers five more pockets inside.
The Ruckus Diaper Bag finishes at 13″ long x 4.5″ wide x 10″ high. The adjustable strap measures 35 – 62″ long from clasp end to clasp end.
- fabric #1: 1.5 yards
- fabric #2: 2 yards
- fabric #3: 1.25 yards
- woven interfacing (SF101 or similar): 1.75 yards
- fusible fleece: 1 yard
- craft fuse or stiff interfacing: 2 yards
- stabilizer :(2) 1” x 1” pieces
- swivel clip: (2) 1.5″ clasps
- D or O ring: (2) 1.5″ rings, (2) 1” rings
- slide: 1.5” slide
- **Optional** magnetic snaps (1) 0.5” snap for flap closure.
- tack glue or basting spray
- elastic: 11” of 1/2” wide elastic
- zippers: **optional** top – 16″ long, horizontal – 6” long, vertical – 8.5” long, inside zipper – 9” long, back zipper – 11.25” long
More diaper bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New