This beauty is based on one of Lisa Lam’s designs using a curved purse frame. EmilyJean of CityStitchin sews up her Dandelion Purse making the bag large enough to carry a book with her on the subway. EmilyJean referenced the excellent tutorials in The Bag Making Bible (also by Lisa Lam) to add darts for shape and an elasticized pocket in the lining. I love to see a variety of resources and ideas come together to create an awesome custom-made handbag! I’m pleased-as-punch that EmilyJean decided to share her steps while making her Dandelion Bag so we could learn how to make one as well. Just in time for Spring! Get the tutorial after the jump…
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New