This beauty is based on one of Lisa Lam’s designs using a curved purse frame. EmilyJean of CityStitchin sews up her Dandelion Purse making the bag large enough to carry a book with her on the subway. EmilyJean referenced the excellent tutorials in The Bag Making Bible (also by Lisa Lam) to add darts for shape and an elasticized pocket in the lining. I love to see a variety of resources and ideas come together to create an awesome custom-made handbag! I’m pleased-as-punch that EmilyJean decided to share her steps while making her Dandelion Bag so we could learn how to make one as well. Just in time for Spring! Get the tutorial after the jump…
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New