A very pretty little crochet plant cozy is a dainty accent for shabby chic or cottage chic decor. Measuring 5” high, 6 ½” diameter across the top. This crochet lace cozy is made using two 100-yard balls of fingering-weight crochet cotton, a crochet hook No. 0, gauge: 2 ch-3 lps = 1”. You may want to stiffen this crochet project so that it retains it’s shape. There are several methods to do this. A free video below from DIY Central will show you how. The pattern is a 1970’s vintage pattern in PDF format for downloading. Translation charts are conveniently included which offer English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Polish translations for general crochet and knitting terminology. Add some ribbon roses for that ultra-feminine look?! This plant cozy would make a lovely gift.
Watch How to Make Starch for Crocheting:
More crochet projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New