Inspired by the simple elegance of the 1940’s styles but with a modern influence too, this sewing pattern from Indygo Junction for a chic shoulder bag offers sewers a choice of straps and a pleated or plain flap. This lovely bag has a deep bucket shape that is constructed by stitching darts at the base. The Country Courier bag pattern includes a shaped front exterior pocket, which doubles to create an interior pocket. Sewers can opt for a shaped strap with a tab point, or, the plain shoulder strap. This eye-catching bag measures 15” high x 14” wide x 3” deep excluding strap once complete.
More vintage style projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New