The Clover bag pattern is for a very small yet super sweet cosmetics bag. The Clover bag interior is fully lined with no seams to bind. At each side of Clover is a small box pleat for some visual interest. A tab at each end of the zipper gives you something to grab while opening and closing the zipper. Clover is a deluxe storage bag for toiletries, or a handbag for a little girl.
Sewing Skill Level: Intermediate – You are comfortable with sewing, and have the patience to either learn to install a zipper, or learn a zipper installation technique that might be new to you.
Approximate finished Clover bag dimensions: 8.25″ widest point x 5.75″ zipper opening x 4″ high x 4″ wide (21 x 15 x 10 x 10 cm)
• 1/4 yard 42″ wide exterior fabric
• 1/4 yard 42″ wide fabric for the lining/handle/tab/zip pull
• 1/2 yard 20″ wide fusible interfacing – Pellon SF101
• 1/4 45″ wide fusible fleece – Pellon 987f
• 9″+ polyester coil zipper
• 0.75″ (19mm) split key ring
• claw style staple remover to open split ring
• zipper foot or 1/4″ foot w/guide (either can be used for installing zipper)
• basic sewing notions/tools (thread, scissors, machine, etc.)
More bags for cosmetics, toiletries and personal belongings:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New