This is a PDF sewing pattern to create a feminine gathered tote bag with step-by-step instructions and easy to follow diagrams. (Zakka in Japanese means “charming and practical items used in everyday life”.) This pattern is for one tote but you end up with two pretty styles! The spacious drawstring tote bag converts into a beautiful swing “boho” style shoulder bag when the side drawstrings are pulled tight. A sweet bow is hand stitched to the front of the bag to add a feminine look. One interior pocket for convenience. (You can add more pockets and you know it!) Take this gathered carryall anywhere! Shopping trips, pre-natal class, or keep your crochet or knitting projects inside and use it as a project bag. Approximate finished size of the tote bag is: 15″W x 17″L x 5″D.
How to Gather With a Serger – from Edith Sews:
Using the Baby Lock serger to gather fabric is so easy. The set-up is so quick, just thread with the Jet-Air Threading system and using the ruffling foot and you will have miles of ruffling in no time at all!
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New