from Amy of Peek-a-boo Patterns + Liesl Gibson
To make two household storage bins you will need:
- 1 1/8 yard durable outer fabric – Amy used marine vinyl. Cotton duck or canvas would be fine.
- 2 1/4 yards lining fabric.
- Cardboard or sheets of plastic canvas to reinforce the sides of the bins.
- Hot glue.
Sewing Machine Basics with Liesl Gibson:
Sewing machines can be intimidating, but in this class, Liesl Gibson demystifies the main components of several types of machines (both basic and fancy). She also clearly explains how to thread a machine and wind a bobbin so you will be ready to dive into the sewing process with confidence. Liesl previously worked as a designer at Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger, and now designs sewing patterns for her company, Oliver + S, as well as the Lisette line of patterns that is carried at Jo-Ann stores nationwide.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5