from Amy of Peek-a-boo Patterns + Liesl Gibson
To make two household storage bins you will need:
- 1 1/8 yard durable outer fabric – Amy used marine vinyl. Cotton duck or canvas would be fine.
- 2 1/4 yards lining fabric.
- Cardboard or sheets of plastic canvas to reinforce the sides of the bins.
- Hot glue.
Sewing Machine Basics with Liesl Gibson:
Sewing machines can be intimidating, but in this class, Liesl Gibson demystifies the main components of several types of machines (both basic and fancy). She also clearly explains how to thread a machine and wind a bobbin so you will be ready to dive into the sewing process with confidence. Liesl previously worked as a designer at Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger, and now designs sewing patterns for her company, Oliver + S, as well as the Lisette line of patterns that is carried at Jo-Ann stores nationwide.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New