from Amy of Peek-a-boo Patterns + Liesl Gibson
To make two household storage bins you will need:
- 1 1/8 yard durable outer fabric – Amy used marine vinyl. Cotton duck or canvas would be fine.
- 2 1/4 yards lining fabric.
- Cardboard or sheets of plastic canvas to reinforce the sides of the bins.
- Hot glue.
Sewing Machine Basics with Liesl Gibson:
Sewing machines can be intimidating, but in this class, Liesl Gibson demystifies the main components of several types of machines (both basic and fancy). She also clearly explains how to thread a machine and wind a bobbin so you will be ready to dive into the sewing process with confidence. Liesl previously worked as a designer at Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger, and now designs sewing patterns for her company, Oliver + S, as well as the Lisette line of patterns that is carried at Jo-Ann stores nationwide.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Rudolph the Reindeer - Amigurumi from DIY Fluffies
- Sweet Treats Holiday Gift & Goody Bags from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- New Collections of Fabrics & Panels from QuiltGirls
- Gift Tags and Bags for Confident Beginners from Sewn Ideas
- 45+ Free Sewing Projects for the Kitchen – Video Series featured at Sew What's New