I thought this was a very clever recycling project. I love tweeds, velvet, and brocades so this is very inspiring to me! Linda of Craftaholics Anonymous demonstrates how she deconstructed a suit-coat sleeve and re-uses fabric and some seams while she creates a classy clutch.
What is Tweed?
“Tweed is a type of fabric made from rough, woven wool. It may or may not use a twill or diagonal weave. Herringbone, a twill pattern in which the diagonal slant of the weave alternates, is popular in tweed. Many tweed fabrics also make use of threads of different colors to create an attractive “heather” effect. Tweed was traditionally hand dyed using local natural dyes and hand woven.” ~ source: ahume.co.uk
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New