A classic bucket bag, you can cinch the bag closed with a cord and slide that threads through twelve eyelets along the top band. The versatile Witchy Woman bucket bag has two removable straps so you can decide each day which length you’d like to use. The shorter handle can be used over your shoulder, in your hand, or in the crook of your elbow. The longer strap can be used over your shoulder or cross-body. It also has a large front zipper pocket that would be great for stashing things you need to find quickly, like your keys or phone. The lining features inside pockets to hold anything you need to carry securely. The finished Witchy Woman bucket bag size is about 13” x 11” x 9”.
NOTE: If using directional prints, you may need to use more fabric than stated.
For 44/45” fabric:
- ⅞ yard exterior bag top and bottom, straps, handle, cinching cord, slide, and lining top (Fabric A)
- ⅞ yard exterior bag middle back, outer bag zipper panel and pocket lining (Fabric B)
- 1 ¼ yard lining, inside pockets and bottom board cover (Fabric C)
- ⅞ yards Pellon fusible fleece (987F)
- ⅔ Yard Pellon Craft Fuse interfacing (808)
- 1 – 9” zipper
- 4 – 1 ¼” swivel clasps for removable straps
- 2 – 1 ½” d-rings
- 12 – extra large eyelets (7/16” diameter)
- 1 – 9” X 12” cardboard or mat board
More bucket bag sewing projects:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New