This free sewing pattern and tutorial is by The Stitching Scientist. This chic lunch bag measures about 11×8″. This is a good beginner sewing project. The lunch bag in the photo above has a simple Velcro closure (see free video tutorial by Niler Taylor below) but I think I like Remona’s suggestion of a flap closure with a button embellishment a little better because it’s an easy sew, and, it provides a little extra security so lunch isn’t falling out.
Sewing with Velcro (Hook & Loop tape) by Niler Taylor
More lunch bags:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New