The Brief Encounter Bag pattern by Charlie’s Aunt Designs, is named after the classic 1945 film of the same title. This handbag has an elegant curved shape, pretty pleating at the front and back, and a stylized bow trim. A feminine style, it can be made from one fabric or two contrasting fabrics. The pleated Brief Encounter Bag has an elegant style, and works well coordinated with day-wear, and sewn in linen for spring and summer, or tweed-type fabrics for winter and fall. The PDF sewing pattern also offers the sewing instructions for a large inside pocket with a divider. The Brief Encounter Bag PDF pattern has 20 pages — eight pages including the cover, general, cutting out and step-by-step sewing instructions, and twelve pattern sheets with the actual size templates. The Brief Encounter Bag’s finished dimensions are: height 14” (35 cm), width 14” (35 cm), base width 3.5” (9 cm).
More vintage inspired sewing at PP:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New