A free PDF Sewing Pattern from HawthorneThreadsSponsored Links:
This free PDF rucksack/backpack sewing pattern is available for download from Hawthorne Threads with full step-by-step instructions from the first step to the very last. The simplest form of a backpack is also known as the “rucksack“. This rucksack is designed for girls and boys summer recreational activities – summer camp, hiking, swimming, picnic park, etc. This rucksack offers an easily accessible roll-down top opening for a more compact carrying solution, or adjusted and stuffed to capacity. If your little one’s will be carrying heavy objects with this rucksack, I suggest making padded shoulder straps (or sleeves) with a minimal two-inch width.
Fabrics used to make bags shown above:
- South x Southwest in Golden Canyon fabric for the main exterior.
- Basketweave in Stone fabric for the outer pockets.
- Feathers in Golden Canyon fabric for the interior.
- Desert Stripe in Horizon fabric for the main exterior.
- Stitched Floral in Golden Canyon fabric for the pockets.
- Feathers in Horizon fabric for the interior.