A PDF Sewing Pattern from Betz White
The Backgammon Bag is the perfect purse to take to brunch or a day of fabric shopping. Spotlight some of your favorite fabrics with the triangular pieced accents. The Backgammon Bag is large enough to carry your necessities and offers an interior zippered pocket, and two exterior pockets with magnetic snaps. The top flap-closure stays secure with a *twist lock. *Four free twist lock tutorials here. The bag strap is adjustable and can be hung from the shoulder or across the body.
Betz White‘s printable instructions include photographs, diagrams, a glossary, and all of the assembly directions you will need to sew the Backgammon Bag. Finished measurements are 16” wide x 11” high x 2 ½” deep. The sewing pattern includes a special free coloring page for you to play and experiment with fabric choices! This sewing project is appropriate for most confident beginner sewers.
- 1 yard of 44” wide exterior fabric for the bag body – cotton or a light weight canvas
- 1 1/2 yards of 44” wide lining fabric such as cotton or broadcloth
- 6 different fat-eighths (9” high x 21” wide) for your triangle accents quilting cotton
- 1 yard of fusible fleece, such as Pellon Thermolam
- 2 yards of woven cotton fusible interfacing, such as Pellon SF101
- 1 7” nylon zipper
- (1) ½” – 1” twist lock
- (2) 1 ½” metal rings
- (1) 1 ¼” slider buckle
- (2) ½” diameter magnetic snaps
- coordinating thread
- Wonder Tape
- disappearing ink marking pen
- chopstick or turning tool
- pinking shears (optional)
- spray starch (optional) Learn to make your own with the free video DIY below this post!
- masking tape (optional)
DIY Spray Starch:
More beautiful bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New