Pleats are a timeless embellishment to any bag and are fairly easy to make. I liked this bag because the pleats run vertically, rather than horizontally like most handbags I’ve found. Jaime from Prudent Baby sewed this bag up and was kind enough to take pictures while she did so. Her instructions are very clear and sewing is very well done. ;) If you have a little bit more time, and you’ve never made pleats before, check out “Pleats 101” by Schwin & Schwin. Craftsy also has a fantastic online class teaching how to pleat too.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New